A Travellerspoint blog

Staycation Littlehampton

Day 2.

The weather was so-so today. A mixture of sunny (and hot) and cloudy and very muggy.

We decided to have a lazy day and apart from a few dog walks to the site's dog walking area, where Reggie could run about off the lead, we didn't do much other than read and try and find the shade.

If it wasn't for the Kindle I don't know where we would be. We had downloaded some stuff from Amazon prime onto the MS Surface tablets we take with us so we could watch offline but we only had one set of headphones! Claire watched one of her programmes and I read my Kindle.


The evening came really quickly and the sunset was rapid. I took.a photo...


Overnight 2.

The rain started to batter us about 3.30am. Then came the lightning and thunder. Reggie was up barking and whining and we had to try and keep him calm with his rubber Kong bone. It works a little.

It was gone 5.30am by the time we got some sleep. The rain continued though.

We decided as we were leaving anyway to pack up and go asap.


After the terrible night of the thunderstorms we decided that a trip to Arundel and finding somewhere to park was off the table.

We tidied everything away and had breakfast. I took Reggie for a walk along to the dog walking area. As we were alone I let him off to run about and do his business etc. It was still drizzling.


Instead, I set the satnav for home and let it choose the quickest way. That was to take the motorways M23/M25/M26/M20. It was about 15 miles longer than the coast route we came on and even with a coffee and widdle stop (for us and Reggie) it was about half the time of the coast road!

The stop was on the M25 at Clacket Lane services. These are okay but anyone that puts fuel in here really needs their brains removed and cleaned and then replaced! Diesel today was 195.9 per litre. They had run out on the consumer side and only the HGV pumps were active. There seemed to be a lot of trucks queued to use the pumps!

A stop here for about 25 minutes gave time for Claire to get to Costa for coffee and an naughty but nice "millionaire's slice" (each!!) and for Reggie to have a widdle and a drink. Then back on the road. I upped the pace from the cruise-control 54mph to an indicated 60 on the M26 and M20. Arriving home about 2.30pm.

It looks as though this area avoided the thunder from last night but the roads were wet! Lucky them.

Now to look to see where we can go next week or the week after :) Once you have the van you have to use it as much as possible. I'll look for an adults only site though! It's not kids in general but kids out until after dark on cycles and e-bikes and a kind of e-go-cart! Plus at this last site it appears that "pitch etiquette" went out of the window. Not just kids, but adults walking through other pitches and using them as short cuts! Walk around!

Posted by InvictaMoto 14:17 Archived in England

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.